College Course Visits
OSBS serves an extraordinary outdoor classroom for college students that are working on a degree
that focusses on ecology and the natural resources. The station assists instructors to challenge
students to observe natural processes, formulate questions, and think critically about environmental
issues. College students have a chance to apply the information they've learned in classrooms and
books to real world scenarios.
Academic courses visiting OSBS have the opportunity to:
- Gain hands-on experience with natural resources such as flora, fauna, water, soils, plant communities
- Engage in ongoing resource management processes such as prescribed fire, exotic-invasive species, and habitat restoration.
- Provide an environment for students to conduct independent study projects
- Provide instructors a safe and secure facility to bring their students
- Utilize data sets to enhance the teaching experience
- Interact with researchers and resource management professionals