Location & Driving Directions
From Gainesville to Melrose
- Head east on University Ave (SR26) for ≈ 8 miles until you come to a stop sign at the intersection of SR26 & SR222.
- Turn RIGHT and follow SR26 east until you come to Melrose (≈ 11 miles)
From Jacksonville metro area to Melrose
- From I-295, take SR-21 S/Blanding Blvd heading south
- Follow to Melrose – 43.0 mi
Coming from the Orlando metro area to Melrose
- Take Florida Turnpike north – 43.2 mi
- Merge onto I-75 N – 29 mi
- Take Exit 358 for FL-326 and turn RIGHT and continue to US-301 N/US-441 N/N US Highway 441 – 8.1 mi
- Turn LEFT and head NORTH on US-301 N/US-441 N/N US Highway 441 – 5.5 mi
- Merge RIGHT onto US-301 N (signs for Starke) – 20.6 mi
- Take Slight RIGHT onto Co Rd 219A – 2.5 mi
- Continue onto NE County Road 219a – 6.5 mi
- Turn RIGHT onto FL-26 E/State Road 26 E – 1.1 mi
Entrance Gate Locations
NOTE: The Station is not open to the public except for arranged visits, therefore entrance gates
require a code for access.
To North Entrance Gate – 693 SR 26, Melrose FL
- Go through the traffic light in Melrose (intersection of SR26 & SR21) staying on SR26.
- Go approximately 2.7 miles past the light on SR26.
- The Station sign and entrance gate will be on your RIGHT.
To West Entrance Gate – 590 N SR21, Hawthorne, Fl
- Turn right at the light in Melrose (intersection of SR26 & SR21) onto SR21.
- Head south for 2.6 miles.
- The Station sign and entrance gate will be on your LEFT.