The Station has established a fee schedule for resources and services to help recoup some of the maintenance
costs of these items. Availability of some items may be limited due to use by others, damage, or be under repair.
The cost of equipment or facility damage repair or replacement will be the responsibility of the borrower.
A 1.61% overhead fee is applied to each fee invoice. This fee is subject to change.
Research Use Fee
OSBS’s research use fee is based on Station use days/year. It is assessed against all approved
research projects. Applicants that may have difficulty paying the research use fee can request a
fee reduction or waiver when submitting their application. Fee reduction requests will be reviewed
and evaluated based on project need, impact to station resources, and expected days of use. Use of
specific OSBS resources identified in the fee schedule are billed separately.
UF Investigators (day visits/year):
- 0 days - Keep project active, but no visits during a year: $50
- 1-7 days: $200
- 8-20 days: $500
- 21-75 days: $1000
- 76+ days: $2000
Academic Non-UF Investigators & Private Industry (day visits/year):
- 0 days - Keep project active, but no visits during a year: $100
- 1-7 days: $400
- 8-20 days : $1000
- 21-75: $2000
- 76+ : $4000
Agencies/NGO's (day visits/year):
- 0 days - Keep project active, but no visits during a year: $25
- 1-7 days/yea: $50
- 8-20 days: $150
- 21-75 days: $300
- 76+: $500
- Projects needing to establish long-term use of the Station or installation of semi-permanent or permanent infrastructure may be subject to a different fee based on the level of use and impacts.
- Invoices are mailed out at a project’s completion or at the end of the calendar year if the project is still active.
- Projects that have not used OSBS during the calendar year and want to maintain their active status will be charged the minimum use fee (fee based on their UF affiliation).